Zapper Heroes

Wii gaming community

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
http://zapperheroes.forumclan.com/introduce-yourself-to-the-community-f7/joining-zapper-heroes-t88.htm#562
Find us on Fabebook!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» To Anyone that sees this
Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:44 pm by zhantagonizer

» WiiU.......
Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:42 pm by blackbeltbap

» ok, this website is officially dead
Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 pm by blackbeltbap

» conduit 2 vids
Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:05 am by ZH BoNeCrAcKeR

» conduit 2 is out....anyone?
Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:15 pm by blackbeltbap

» wii demos!!
Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:38 pm by [zh]seigies

» Maiwaine here!!!!
Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:52 pm by Casull

» MOH patches!!
Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:47 pm by Casull

» battlefield 1943 gameplay (ps3)
Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:01 pm by [zh]seigies

http://zapperheroes.forumclan.com/ARCADE-h3.htm

Share | 

wii took a sheet

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zhantagonizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: wii took a sheet   Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:44 am

currently my wii is down, stopped reading the disks, here it move a little bit, can get it to tell me what disc is in the wii, but won't load anything. I couldn't find a cleaner locally so I have ordered it thru nintendy an still am waiting 3 days later for package.

couple of questions,

does this sound like the cleaner will help?

if it doesn't I hear it is 90 bucks when all is said an done to get it fixed, should I trade mine in for 55 bucks an buy a used one for 119, would only cost me 74? I know lose all my info, but cheaper.

other option is, to get a (in a quiet voice) ps3 or xbox. I think the move is going to catch on an is a better system then the wii, I haven't heard anything about a new wii system coming out, with money tight this might be the best time for me to get one, because as long as the wii works wife won't probly consider another system.

I am looking for honest answers, I know seigies seems to love his ps3 an most of the fogs have gone to the ps3. Next year more games will come out for the move to work with.

An yes I know that would limit my time here at zh, an I wouldn't be able to play with any of you till you walk on the darkside with me.

I am at a tough place, love the peeps here, love wii controls, hate the lag, lack of graphics, lack of options or being jipped of options in games. so what would you do?
Back to top Go down
rebel47

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:03 pm

same with mine most likely its a dirty lens cuz it wouldnt just break out of no where
Back to top Go down
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Your probably looking at sending the stupid thing in. Mine (fingers crossed) hasnt had any problems yet but it sounds like a pop corn maker when its running.

I hate to say this but you are a friend so I will......I would just get a new system. Im only going to have a death grip on mine because of ZH, and the fact that I like the other Ninteno games but as far as FPS games this thing is a pain in the bum.

In fact if everybody here (core members I mean) switched to the other systems then ya I would too. Im not in a position where it would be hard to get one. My wife has been wanting a PS3 or XBox for a while but shes not as hard core into it like me. But if I did then there would be some competition for the new one. Anyhow Im babbling but point is the Wii is getting to be a pile of crap, if mine died I would have a pretty hard choice to make.

"Happy Hunting......."MW3:3916-5455-0868
Back to top Go down
ZH|Ku12312
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:20 pm

ZHbonecrackr wrote:
Your probably looking at sending the stupid thing in. Mine (fingers crossed) hasnt had any problems yet but it sounds like a pop corn maker when its running.

I hate to say this but you are a friend so I will......I would just get a new system. Im only going to have a death grip on mine because of ZH, and the fact that I like the other Ninteno games but as far as FPS games this thing is a pain in the bum.

In fact if everybody here (core members I mean) switched to the other systems then ya I would too. Im not in a position where it would be hard to get one. My wife has been wanting a PS3 or XBox for a while but shes not as hard core into it like me. But if I did then there would be some competition for the new one. Anyhow Im babbling but point is the Wii is getting to be a pile of crap, if mine died I would have a pretty hard choice to make.

I'd prefer ps3.. I just have alot of problems with Xbox..
Back to top Go down
http://www.kudarbe.webs.com
Swim

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:08 pm

Hey I would say try cleaning it first. its gotta be a dirty eye if it can still tell you what disc is in.

Also if you go on the PS3 side you limited just like the wii. one Perfect example is BO for the PS3. NO Split Screen (2 player action). Thats just one little example.

Another thing is.....I was given a 360 couple months ago and my mom got me the BO for the 360. I got to admit 360 may have its flaws but I would NEVER NEVER get a PS3. They're is just so many more options for the xbox. And if your one of the people that say "hey if i get the ps3 i get a blue ray player as well..." Well as much as that is true you have to remember the eye reader reads GAME disc at a totally different speed than blue ray disc. (Games FASTER READING SPEED/ BLUE Ray SLOWER READER SPEED) So Another words is its not really meant to play movies. It can...But not perferred.

Thats just my Thoughts please dont bash me for not having BO for the Wii. I WILL get it soon. It just i really wish we had more life here..... I miss everyone Sad

ZH SWIM
oO
Always against the Tide
Back to top Go down
zhantagonizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:18 pm

most people are not on here, because we chat during our online games. it is a advantage to read the blue ray, an selling point to wife. to me the picture is better for ps3, an from what I hear they dummy down graphics for ps3 so xbox don't get mad.

what would u be looking at bone if you had to chose???? xbox, or ps3.

another thing I hear alot about xbox breaking an so forth, not to say ps3 is perfect but not as many problems, plus I am not hot on paying for online. an I like the move choice.
Back to top Go down
ZH|Ku12312
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Swim wrote:
Hey I would say try cleaning it first. its gotta be a dirty eye if it can still tell you what disc is in.

Also if you go on the PS3 side you limited just like the wii. one Perfect example is BO for the PS3. NO Split Screen (2 player action). Thats just one little example.

Another thing is.....I was given a 360 couple months ago and my mom got me the BO for the 360. I got to admit 360 may have its flaws but I would NEVER NEVER get a PS3. They're is just so many more options for the xbox. And if your one of the people that say "hey if i get the ps3 i get a blue ray player as well..." Well as much as that is true you have to remember the eye reader reads GAME disc at a totally different speed than blue ray disc. (Games FASTER READING SPEED/ BLUE Ray SLOWER READER SPEED) So Another words is its not really meant to play movies. It can...But not perferred.

Thats just my Thoughts please dont bash me for not having BO for the Wii. I WILL get it soon. It just i really wish we had more life here..... I miss everyone Sad

Swim, there's split screen online LOL on the ps3.
I was playing it with Tom Slaya's brother at his house (and for you all who don't know who Tom Slaya is, he was a very old ZHer back in MoHH2 days. One of the greatest players that stumbled upon ZH. He's a close friend of mine and if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be in ZH LOL)
Back to top Go down
Swim

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:19 pm

[/quote]

Swim, there's split screen online LOL on the ps3.
I was playing it with Tom Slaya's brother at his house (and for you all who don't know who Tom Slaya is, he was a very old ZHer back in MoHH2 days. One of the greatest players that stumbled upon ZH. He's a close friend of mine and if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be in ZH LOL)[/quote]

Guess there has been a update that I wasn't aware about.

ZH SWIM
oO
Always against the Tide
Back to top Go down
Quatre4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:47 am

Hmm, tough choice. One crazy thing ive been seeing lately now and I wonder why, is wii's are dropping like flies. Eagle over in CD also sorta broke like Ants. It cant read disks. Im wondering if its BO or something. So far mine does sound like a popcorn machine but still up. Its the original and I got it the first day.

As for choosing a system, all have their flaws which I think makes them equal. So far in 1 yr my Xbox took a sheet twice. one was covered by the warranty but the other is a pain. Right now im still thinking about what to do with it cuz $99 to repair it sounds like a pain. Plus the 1 yr sub is running out so imma have to bust out 60 bucks. As for the PS3 i dunno what swim is talking about but my cousins PS3 is the original 80GB. It still works and he just bout a 3d TV and says it plays the blueray dvds fine on the ps3. But PS3 is also like wii in the sense that mappacks come out 1 month after xbox, so some things are different. But I think XBOX is a lot of cash to deal with. And PS3 isn't but sometimes it also has the red dot of death where the laser burns out like a comps.

Lastly, after this long paragraph lol. Im more into wii because of the controls and mindset of the people. Ive run into real douches(pardon my french) on XBOX. Like how I quit MW2, some dude called me a nub and got into arguments with the whole team and cussing happened and after that I quit the game because people take those systems more serious. Naturally Im a analog stick guy because Ive had a ps2 for so long and other gamesystems. But so Far wii has come to be my fav(other than my gameboy pocket)
so its all based on preference, people will be better and itll be like GB everytime you play on the other systems, faster play, no fun, more expensive but good graphics and such.

Livebanner
Back to top Go down
[zh]seigies

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:20 pm

sorry about your wii ant. my feelings are this. i've only bought nintendo products (and atari) the only nintendo i haven't bought was the virtual boy, but i played it. i bought a ps3 after trying out 360 and ps3 in the store and at friends houses. to me the ps3 has some cool features, blueray, hd gaming, free online, messaging, online chat, photo, video, music library, online store, netflix, internet browser. the 360 has the same and the only difference i can see is voice messaging and having to pay to get grief and owned online. i really don't like the 360 controller, it's like playing a dinner plate to me. nintendo will always be my console of choice, there are some disappointing things about all systems, but i'd rather play a bad wii game and have fun, then play pong in my basement or gears of war, lol.

Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/emanate
cng

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:59 pm

I have a PS3 since July but I never even turned it on once. If you ask me, I would get the Wii fixed; even if it means sending it in for repairs or buying a used Wii. I can understand the BluRay capability of the PS3 is a selling point for you and your wife but fixing the Wii is still like the cheaper option to keep playing.

You mentioned the lag, lack of features and the inferior graphics that the Wii offers but is it worth giving up the friends and the good times over the years playing on Wii? Keep in mind we paid $10 less for Black Ops compared to players on X360 and PS3; not to mention you have to pay for subscriptions on some. Buying a HD console means you need a HD TV (and a HDMI cable); if you don't already have one, you're looking to spend even more money.
Back to top Go down
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:43 pm

If it was really me I would get a new Wii or fix the old. A new system means a new learning curve so your fun will be cut down til you get past that. Also you would be getting owned for some time...

Remember the on the fly clan war we had a while back? Fun wasnt it? Wouldnt be the same without you bud.

I just hate to say "Fix your Wii" because you could have the same problem in a year.

OH BTW....

I took a high pressure air hose to mine. Blew it out best I could and it helped. Had a sh*t ton of dust in it. I dont think people do that often enough.

Back to top Go down
zhantagonizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:17 pm

I have thought about doing that, but my wife is saying been there done that, the ps3 is now looking like the way I am going to head. the cleaner did nothing for me. I hope it works for rhyno(or was it rebel?).

I hate to leave this group, love the peeps here an hope to play with them, well be around to see who else makes a jump in the future.

From what I am hearing the move for ps3 is very good, more games coming out with it soon, kill zone 3? then there is mag a huge online gaming system. I hear siegies saying that he loves his wii, but how much has he been playing it? an how much is he playing his ps3?

Yes I will be missing all of the fogs here, an the fygs are unforgettable, lots of maturity an love an respect here. But be honest what do you think of the new systems, kinecitc or the move compared to the wii? nothings changed for the wii, an so far nothing new in the works.
Back to top Go down
cng

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:03 pm

For what it's worth, I am a hardcore Sony fan. Every TV, DVD/Blu-Ray player, digital camera and even alarm clock(!) I've ever bought are branded Sony. And yet, I've never turned my PS3 on once since I got it as a gift in the summer. That should tell you how much I love playing on the Wii. But if I ever make the switch, I will be playing Gran Turimso 5 over any sci-fi FPS.

Personally, the friends I've made over the years will be enough reason for me to fix my Wii if it was ever broken.

I guess this is goodbye, Ant. It will be different without you in my party.
Back to top Go down
Quatre4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Welp, like we said Ant wii I don;t think was made for 1st person shooters. It was predominantly for those exclusives like zelda and metroid and cool motion things. But if you are being mad about Black Ops and how it isn't living up to what its supposed to, is every system has problems. And from what I can gather Ps3 is the one with the second most problems with the game. Another thing is the competitiveness in the other systems goes up tenfold, so if your good now people will be even better when you switch. I got a wii as a present when it first came out. And as for the 360 my brother plays it a majority of the time. Mostly he's glued to the TV screen once he comes home. When he was playing wii he wasn't necessarily like that lol. He's changed a lot due to playing 360 because of the level you play at and the people you meet. But ya its just preference, so if you do leave been nice knowing you and hope the ps3 works out for you.

lastly heres a vid of some people I subscribe to on the tube. They are right on lots of subjects and very informative on games and stuff. But this vid is bout his problems so far with black ops. while him playing bops lol. its some commentary. lol

Livebanner
Back to top Go down
rebel47

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:19 pm

[quote="zhantagonizer"]I have thought about doing that, but my wife is saying been there done that, the ps3 is now looking like the way I am going to head. the cleaner did nothing for me. I hope it works for rhyno(or was it rebel?).

it was me idk i hope it does then ill try blowing it if not im throwing it to the shi**er

Back to top Go down
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Wow Ant we will totally miss you man. First guy I ever skyped with (well Fury too). Your like one of the oldest members here. If I ever make a switch its going to be PS3 just because of you man. If you run into Underclasshero tell him I said hi!

Back to top Go down
zhantagonizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:58 pm

I have yet to buy a system, I was not aware of some of these problems, but I am also not sure if I will get black ops, I hear that mag allows the move, an kill zone 3 will too. You never answered the question thou bone, which system would have gotten?

I love the people here, an will miss them, I like gaming an yes, I will be at a disadvantage, but it seems like most people are chosing other systems, most of the fogs have moved on from other clans.
Back to top Go down
[zh]seigies

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:43 pm

well ant, sorry again about your wii. i play games about every night and try to switch between wii and ps3 so i don't just suck at one, lol. i'm really impressed with the hd gaming and all the extra features and games and modes and the move and the blue ray on ps3. but at the same time, the wii is still awesome. i can finally play all the games i couldn't afford as a kid, and they are on deck to take gaming to the next level (somehow), for now, fps are pretty sketchy on wii, though. it's going to be a strange place around here without the antagonizer, for sure! keep me in the loop with what you decide, though. i'll be your first friend on psn if you wanna, lol.

Back to top Go down
ZH|Ku12312
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:29 am

cng wrote:
For what it's worth, I am a hardcore Sony fan. Every TV, DVD/Blu-Ray player, digital camera and even alarm clock(!) I've ever bought are branded Sony. And yet, I've never turned my PS3 on once since I got it as a gift in the summer. That should tell you how much I love playing on the Wii. But if I ever make the switch, I will be playing Gran Turimso 5 over any sci-fi FPS.

Personally, the friends I've made over the years will be enough reason for me to fix my Wii if it was ever broken.

I guess this is goodbye, Ant. It will be different without you in my party.

Cng you like racing games? D:

And yes Ant. It's going to be different without you man...
Who's going to host when me and cng are going to play now?.

People can play with us, but no one will ever replace you, Ant. You're a true ZH comrade, and fighting/ killing along side you, cng, and all of the other ZH FOGs here, I've gotta say. I've never had so much fun in my life sometimes. Sometimes this is something to look forward to after school stuff lolol.. but I've also learned some stuff out of you guys, sometimes by our Skype conversations. You know, the Elders (no offense to you old people lolol) just have stuff that us Youngsters can learn from. And that.

Although I will miss playing with you, having good conversations, and heck, even getting killed by you lmao, I hope whatever awaits you on your gaming journey turns out to be fun Smile

*plays some farewell tune on the electric guitar*

You will surely be missed Ant. Well, that's if you go back to us Wii-gamers Smile bounce
Back to top Go down
zhantagonizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:13 am

siegies, I don't understand how wii is on deck for something bigger, an if they are they haven't announced it, an it will also mean getting a new system, will these be backward compatible? maybe. but will also be more money too. Thanks for the nice words everyone, I know I will miss playing an talking to alot of you. an Cng, I might have to make you rent a game an play with me some night. You already have the system, an say you love the ps3. ehehhehe, jk. we will see, decision isn't final, but will be coming shortly.
Back to top Go down
black_starichigo165

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:44 pm

I know I haven't been on the forums lately, cause of school and work, but with school done I can finally post something.

Ant, this is in my opinion, if you go ahead and fix it, it will prolly be best and heres one other thing too if you THINK it'll happen again you can simply trade it in. If you got a working wii with all the stuff and the games and crap, you can go ahead and get a ps3, right now they're doing this special if you trade it in you get an extra 25-50 bucks and if you got membership it'll bump it up to 75. The games are also a special too, if you trade in 2 games you get 10% extra (membership=20% in total) 5 games= 25% and 6 or more games is 50% extra. That's enough money to get you a ps3 and a few games. I do know that they MIGHT (in which I haven't heard of some info lately.) make a new slim ps3 that will play ps2 games. I used to have a PS3 and I actually do miss it. I had a ton of games lol me and sei sei would play almost 3 times a week on Battle field it was fun, but due to me wanting a car I had to sell it. Now you don't really need an HD cable to PLAY in HD. I have a pretty old radioactive tv that even needs to have a cable box for me to plug in my systems. It's preferred but you don't have to. Take me for example the only thing that will happen to you is being partly blind lol. They are coming out with A LOT of cool games for ps3. I do know that in march of the new year I will be getting a new ps3 with my tax refund but will still keep my wii. I'm not too sure I'll play FPS shooters for wii though. Like Quatre has said and that we discussed. it was never meant for FPS games. The whole reason why i got a wii was for the zelda games, final fantasy games, and that it was nintendo. Just like sei sei, I love nintendo grew up with it. Oh and that I can play N64 games on my wii on an HD tv. I am super excited about the 3DS though, I might have a hard time in what I wanna get. 3DS or a new slim ps3? I don't know but both I would LOVE to own.

But this is also what I would do as well Old man. If you go to Craigslist or ebay, you should be able to find a cheaper one then in the stores and by cheaper I mean an Older model. I do know that the 20gb, 60gb and 80gb older models in which I mean the FAT models they are actually backwards compatible they were the only ones released with that which means you can also play ps2 games if you ever buy some. The new ones will not be and the old 40gb. The most you can get with a 20gb fat ps3 would be at least 250 cause of the backwards ability you might be lucky to find a cheaper one. Its best you do that through if you do plan to switch it, but its also a good way to hold on to your wii just in case you wanna switch. you're prolly lookin at spending at least 300-400 bucks that would include the cost of fixin your wii if you do fix the wii and get a ps3. Idk if you would do that, but if you do you'll be more into the ps3 then wii. It's just too powerful lol.

Back to top Go down
[zh]seigies

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:19 am

what i meant ant is that nintendo NEEDS to step up in a big way now that motion gaming is advancing on other systems. it just seems to me that they have some things up their sleeves, but are just sitting on them or something.

Back to top Go down
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:46 am

PS3 Ant. I mean I think they are a horse a piece to be honest, but I havent even played a PS3. So you (if you got one) , Seigies, KC, some other FYGs, and CNG have PS3. That alone would push me in that direction. But I have no plans on doing this anytime soon.

Back to top Go down
zhantagonizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:00 am

well we will see, my son has now flipped an wants a xbox, think I am going this morning to get something, so will let all know, I don't think kc has a ps3 yet. an talking with cng he doesn't like the ps3 for fps's. I am so confused right now really on what to do, just want to keep the fam happy as well as my ability to play games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wii took a sheet   

Back to top Go down

wii took a sheet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zapper Heroes :: .  :: General Discussion-
Jump to: